Mudlark Theater is seeking to hire a Production Manager as a year-round staff position that oversees production activities of the theater.
- Oversee the production elements and personnel for Mudlark’s Mainstage and Studio Series.
- Hire designers, manage and create production schedules and provide financial oversight to productions.
- Assist in acquiring and maintaining materials and equipment in coordination with designers and technical personnel.
- Maintain and safeguard the technical assets of the theater, including supervising the use of lighting & sound equipment, tools, scenic stock, and the use and maintenance of stage facilities.
- Advise production teams on the technical specifications and proper usage of all theatrical equipment.
- Ensure that all designers are meeting deadlines, industry safety requirements, and staying within production budgets.
- Consult with lead teaching artist in Mudlark’s School Residency programs and provide technical oversight for in-school performances.
- Orient facility renters and visiting productions to Mudlark’s two stages (Noyes Street Theatre and the Red Curtain Theater).
- Attend tech rehearsals and strike.
- Attend bimonthly staff meetings.
- An excellent working knowledge of technical theater and performance production and management.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with an exemplary attention to detail.
- Self-motivated worker who genuinely enjoys working in a collaborative artistic environment.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of the design process and ability to mentor and manage designers in a positive and thorough manner.
- 2-3 years of experience working in the Chicago theater scene
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Access to a reliable vehicle is a plus
Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and is competitive with prevailing compensation for similar positions within the Chicago non-profit performing arts industry.
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter to Christina Lepri (Managing Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 25th, 2018.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Full-time, Salaried position
Start date: ASAP
For more information, click here!
Role: Mudlark is looking for teaching artists with strong backgrounds in improv and theatre, and a passion for working with youth. The ideal candidate has worked with elementary or middle school students in after school arts programs. A car is a plus, but not required as many of our schools are accessible by public transit.
Compensation: Per-class stipend.
Interested applicants should email resumes and cover letters to Felix at email@example.com.
ASSISTANT TEACHING ARTISTS
Dates: Immediately through Mid-May 2018
Times: Classes are approx. 1 hour, once a week between 3PM-5PM, in Evanston schools.
Role: We’re looking for assistant teaching artists with a strong background in acting and a passion for working with youth. The ideal candidate will have experience as an actor or improviser and at least some prior experience working with elementary and middle school students, as well as the goal of becoming a lead teaching artist. A car is a plus, but not required. Many of our schools are accessible by public transit.
Stipend available, depending on experience. Interested applicants should email resumes to Felix at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mudlark Theater seeks an Education Intern to assist our Education Department with our summer camp programs. A balance of administrative and assistant teaching duties will depend on the Intern’s interests and professional priorities.
Dates: The internship will run March-May 2018 with the option to extend through July 2018.
Hours: 10-15 hours per week.
Responsibilities may include:
- Administrative duties such as preparing rosters for camps, drafting welcome emails, creating hand outs for campers to take home, assisting with our Traffic Safety counselors.
- Assisting with instruction of summer camps by modelling and participating with students
- Researching professional development opportunities for teaching artists and staff, and attending as able
- Assisting with documentation and assessment of education programs
- Assisting with development of the Mudlark theater games guide
- Working on at least one self-designed or self-initiated project, with guidance from staff
- Other duties as assigned.
A stipend is included. Interested applicants should email cover letters and resumes to Felix Mayes at email@example.com.