The application period for our Youth Board is now closed.
We'll be reaching out next week to announce our 2018-2019 Youth Board -stay tuned!
Questions? Email Emily at email@example.com.
2018-2019 Youth Board!
WHAT IS A
Youth Boards look different at different organizations.
Ultimately, it is a group of people who come together to support an organization they care about.
That support can take shape in a lot of different ways. Being a part of a Youth Board also means being an ambassador for Mudlark to the wider world. If you’re on the board, it means you love what we do and you want to help us do it better.
Youth Board members meet once a month with Mudlark staff to work on current projects, address issues and dream up new ways to enrich and support the Mudlark community. Members will have opportunities to show that support in a variety of ways including:
- Advisory: Mudlark staff and our adult board look to the Youth Board to be the voice of the young people that we serve. Your reflections, experiences and ideas are essential to our continued growth.
- Volunteering: The best way YB members can support Mudlark is with their time. Youth Board members will volunteer at Mudlark shows and special events, and will have opportunities for more in-depth participation by acting as Assistant Directors, Choreographers and Stage Managers for Mudlark shows.
- Fundraising: Part of the job of any non profit board is to help keep the organization going through fundraising. YB members will gain hands on experience in some of those different fundraising models by participating in initiatives like selling raffle tickets for Mudlark’s annual fundraiser, Larkabout.
- New Initiatives: We look to the YB to help dream up, design and implement creative new ways to further our mission, such as Mudlark’s first ever 24 Hour Play Festival.
In return, Youth Board members will have the opportunity to be real leaders within the Mudlark community, to get their ideas and concerns heard and to help shape the future of the company that we love.
The Youth Board will consist of 12-15 individuals—rising 9th graders-12th graders— who have previously been in the cast or worked on the crew of a Mudlark show.
Anyone who is interested in joining the Youth Board must:
1. Fill out an application by August 10th, 2018
2. Commit to attending all Youth Board meetings for the 2018-2019 year.
- Sunday, September 23rd at 5pm
- Sunday, October 21st at 5pm
- Sunday, November 11th at 5pm
3. Participate in the following Mudlark events:
- Larkabout 2018 - Saturday, November 17, 2018 at Temperance Brewery
- Holiday Concert - Wednesday, December 19th, 2018
- 24 Hour Play Festival - June 7th-8th, 2019 (As either an Actor, Playwright, Director, Tech, or Producer.)