Youth Boards look different at different organizations.
Ours is a group of high school aged individuals who come together to support the organization they care about.
That support can take shape in a lot of different ways. Being a part of our Youth Board also means being an ambassador for Mudlark to the wider world. If you’re on our Youth Board, it means you love what we do and you want to help us do it better.
WHAT IS A
Cully Burns Jacobson
2019-2020 Youth Board
- Sunday, September 22 at 5:00pm
- Sunday, October 20 at 5:00pm
- Sunday, November 10 at 5:00pm
- Sunday, December 8 at 5:00pm
- Sunday, January 26 from 3pm-6pm (Attend the Foster School Production)
- Sunday, February 23 at 5:00pm
- Sunday, March 22 at 5:00pm
- Sunday, April 26 at 5:00pm
- Sunday, May 24 at 5:00pm
- June 5 - 6, 2020 = Shakespeare is Dead
Youth Board members meet once a month with Mudlark staff to work on current projects, address issues and dream up new ways to enrich and support the Mudlark community. Members will have opportunities to show that support in a variety of ways including:
- Advisory: Mudlark staff and our adult board look to the Youth Board to be the voice of the young people that we serve. Your reflections, experiences and ideas are essential to our continued growth.
- Volunteering: The best way YB members can support Mudlark is with their time. Youth Board members will volunteer at Mudlark shows and special events, and will have opportunities for more in-depth participation by acting as Assistant Directors, Choreographers and Stage Managers for Mudlark shows.
- Fundraising: Part of the job of any non profit board is to help keep the organization going through fundraising. YB members will gain hands on experience in some of those different fundraising models by participating in initiatives like selling raffle tickets for Mudlark’s annual fundraiser, Larkabout.
- New Initiatives: We look to the YB to help dream up, design and implement creative new ways to further our mission, such as Mudlark’s 24 Hour Play Festival.
In return, Youth Board members will have the opportunity to be real leaders within the Mudlark community, to get their ideas and concerns heard and to help shape the future of the company that we love.